03 May 2020

Week 13: Post 3: Why Facebook Advertising hates ME and the feeling is Mutual.

First, it is very unlikely anything connected to me will ever be a Facebook ad, and the reason why illustrates how much Facebook is overdue for an anti-trust suit, and why the company should be broken up into so many companies that it can't abuse the public anymore. Facebook insists that I owe them money for an ad run almost a decade ago, and they insist that I tell the bank and/or credit card company -- they won't tell me which account was drawn upon, either -- that the charge made is o.k. and to pay Facebook the money. Facebook won't tell me how much they think I owe them, and they won't offer me another way to pay them. In other words, Facebook is literally holding a grudge against a potential customer, after at least eight years.

I all that wasn't bad enough, when I created a new email address, a new Facebook account, and then tried to buy ads, after a few days, Facebook detected my subterfuge and banned me from buying ads that way. I presume they connected my new account to me because I was using a credit card issued in my name. Of course, it is impossible to even get a pre-paid debit card for a trivial amount with a false name. So that option is impossible too.

Since Facebook owns Instagram, I cannot use that for paid advertising either.

Tell me that Facebook isn't a monopoly, and operates like an ordinary company that values ordinary customers. Screw Facebook!

I have concluded that the only way I will ever be able to speak to someone at Facebook and resolve this is to SUE the Company for anti-trust and unfair business practices, and either successfully break them up, or negotiate a settlement with their lawyer. Even though I am a lawyer, I am not in a hurry to file a lawsuit against a company as large as Facebook, or even spend time going to Court proceedings against them. I could also buy some Facebook shares and start annoying their top management until they settle with me. Basically, I can either make attacking Facebook into a business, or I can run businesses without Facebook. The latter choice seems much better to me.


Naturally, I would prefer not to think about Facebook ad options of any kind. However, according to my research, these options are currently the following:

Facebook Ad Objectives

  • Awareness
  • Consideration
  • Conversions

Facebook Ad Formats

  • Video
  • Photo
  • Slideshow
  • Carousel
  • Dynamic Product Ads
  • Lead Form Ads

The most effective way I envision using my hypothetical Facebook ad is to promote sales of "Cal-Pride Products" merchandise. This would likely feature photos of merchandise for sale, and be targeted at people who like California. The budget would range up to whatever is necessary to saturate my market of the several million California Facebook users (I checked that before). My research suggests that 1% of earnings is an appropriate approximate spending level for advertising. The timing would be constant. Moreover, if I had thousands of dollars a month to invest in Facebook advertising, I would pay someone or some company to make the "buys" for me. However, other than using a paid social media influencer, I have many other alternatives to using paid advertising on Facebook and Instagram. Currently, earned media seems like the best choice, now and in the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate