06 April 2020

Week 9: Post 2: Experimenting with Instagram to promote Hand-sanitizer

I posted on Instagram three times using the "CalPride Products" account.  https://www.instagram.com/calprideproducts/. Once on Sunday, and twice today. 
Each post used a photo of some part of our production process in the making of alcohol-based hand sanitizer, to demonstrate our professionalism and attention to safety. 
The hashtags were all popular ones: #handsanitizer, #covid #coronovirus #coronakindness and #California. I found them by using the ones that came up automatically on the Instagram phone app.
In total, my posts received two likes, both from CSIT 155 classmates. I don't think that any particular time during the day or evening would be more or less effective, given that most of the people of California are under a "stay-at-home" order.
The most important lesson I learned from this exercise is that COVID-oriented products are not a good thing to try to promote of Instagram, at least not without a substantial follower base. At any event, I have not finished setting up production, and I already have enough demand from friends to keep me busy for now. I think this product will be promoted best through friends telling their friends, and earned media looking for a local angle on #coronavirus countermeasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate