29 April 2020

Week 13: Post 1: Facebook ads that interest me, and those that do not.

Even though I am checking Facebook for hours on end, almost every day,  I cannot recall the last time I clicked on a Facebook ad. One reason is that they are off on the right side the screen where I don't look. However, the more important reason is that the ads rarely interest me. 
For example, tonight I checked the Facebook ads, and there is one from a lawyer looking for people with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and the other promises to "pivot" my "real estate business. Fortunately for me, I do not have any Lymphoma issues, and fortunately for home buyers, I am not selling real estate. 
I reloaded the page, and this time, an "Immune System Support" medication was one advertisement, and the other is for a training program to teach me how to make better presentations that will attract more clients. The first doesn't concern me because I reject medical quackery , and as for the second -- well, I am attending Mira Costa College for that.
I wonder if Facebook advertising has become so unpopular that these are the only kinds of companies using it? Surely, Facebook can feed me an advertisement that might interest me. I've found the advertisements shown on movie screens more interesting to me.
What draws my attention to a Facebook ad? A eye-catching image obviously helps, but the tag-line is also vital. I am not clicking on something that does not interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate