22 January 2020

Week 1: New Theme

I chose a theme called "Picture Window" to update the old theme I have used for this blog since 2012, which was "Watermark." The version of Watermark that I used was brown, with flying birds, because I wanted to write a lot about environmental issues. For the new theme, I chose a version of "Picture Window" that also uses brown as an accent color. I also used dark text on a white background, because that is easiest to read,

This blog is a continuation of the blog I started in 2012, called "National Progressive Review," and stopped writing in 2013. I decided to kept the old URL, nationalprogressive.blogspot.com, because I don't want to run the risk of loosing it. Also, there are a few pages on the Net that have links to my blog, and I don't want to break those links.

The old articles are now unavailable because I set them all to "Draft." This was done to comply with the class assignment requirement that the blog only be used for class assignments. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah

    I think it's great that you have some experience blogging and more importantly that you used this site as a medium to promote a good cause. I used this same template but then switched it since I felt that it discouraged comments but I see on your blg how to get to section. I like the background you used I makes me want to go on a hike.
    Is this an original photo or a stock image?

    I like that you can write about yourself on that side bar you have some credentials. Amazing! Wish you luck in class.

    -Miggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad my blog showed you some of the customization features possible on Blogger. There are a couple "widgets" in the sidebar that you can add to your page, too.

      Delete
  2. Hey Hannah,

    I think your experience with blogger will be vital in this class as it seems to be quite confusing to me. I am glad you blog about a good cause and I am sure it will be very inspirational! Happy blogging

    ReplyDelete

Translate